Wednesday, 15 August 2012

This maybe, about to become somewhat muddled.... but muddled is good right?? .... so much better than condescending ..... I find... Anyways, back to being muddled....

I figure that I'm going to upload lots of, the totally different, things which I have been working on.  I work that way too you see,  lots of different projects all happening at once, now and again one becomes more favoured, and gets all of my attention until it is finished.

At the moment I'm doing painted backgrounds with stitching over the painted fabric.... this one, however kind of took over..... and stitch is going to completely cover this one as you can see...

Others went more to my original plans.

Fabric here was  painted on with a sponge.  The sun is a paper dot which was removed when paint was dry.  Masking tape was also used as a resist to form the water line.  machine stitching for the water is with shiny variegated thread.

The flower stems are hand stitched and french knots are used in green and red to represent buds.

In the finished picture, I used paper covered wire, Covered again with green embroidery thread to make more flowers with fabric circles to give a 3d effect.


More painted background... this one with just machine stitching (oh and french knots... of course...)


The above was painted in fabric paints, then machine stitched  with straight stitch in different shades of green, also brown and yellow for stems....  The flower heads are fabric circles in shades of blue and violet, sewn amongst french knots in similarly shaded threads.  This is the header on my page so you can see the detail more clearly there.

Inspiration for these is thanks to Gilda Baron.  She's on youtube at this link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg7O0nq-43M

No comments:

Post a Comment