I've been reading this blog .... http://bluehenhollow.blogspot.co.uk/ and its convinced me that I should start my 3rd(???) blog just about stitching.
It is the most amazing discovery of my more recent years. Thats not to say that I never sewed before, in my dim and distant past stitches abounded, but that was mainly clothes.... dues entirely to my mother who was a Taylor (Tayloress... she always insists upon calling it, although spellcheck assures me there is no such word), and her insistence that I learn to use a sewing machine at the tender age of 6. (possibly 5, by 6 I was sewing a blue skirt and waistcoat, fashionable then, I'm assured.) However this was all many ages ago.. we progressed (obviously slightly more advanced than age 6) to selling wedding and bridesmaids dresses, which my mother sometimes asked people to pay for, and sometimes "didn't like too..."
Then I moved far away from London.... to the wilds of where I live now....
and discovered more stitchery, which could be done on the shores of the harbour, in the sand dunes or when forced to watch the tv....
Oh yeah.... I also had children, who naturally became models for my clothing .... :)
Apparently, I have to get up now... We have hordes of people descending upon us.... due entirely (once again) to my mother, who has taken it upon herself to host a garden party (our garden naturally), in honour of her birthday. We like to to come in at the bottom of the sociability scale, However people appear to like descending upon us....
Sooooo More cooking it is.... and I will finish this later... cos it's meant to be about stitches...
No comments:
Post a Comment